Stationed in Hong Kong, the job holder will be responsible for all operational aspect of our data center in Kwai Chung. He/she will manage a team of engineers and technicians to ensure effective and efficient management of day to day 24×7 data center operations.
- University or College degree or certification(s) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- At least eight years’ experience managing operations in Production data center, 5 years of experience managing technical teams and team leads.
- Working knowledge of physical Enterprise-class IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Project Management skill.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of change / incident management.
- Expertise in identifying and solving problems.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate.
- Solid communication skill set (decision making, confrontation management, commitment, coaching the team).
- Willingness and flexibility to work flexible hours, non-core business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
- Knowledge and /or experience of Power, Cooling & Facilities Engineering inside a data center.
- Knowledge and /or experience of PC hardware architecture, maintenance, and repair.
- Knowledge and /or experience of data center racking and cabling.
- Knowledge and / or experience of physical – IT security.
- Data Center related certification – CDCP/S/E, CDCMP/TP.
- Microsoft/Linux/UNIX certification and/or administration experience
- Network certification – CCNA, Network+.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with English and Cantonese.
- Ability to coordinate and host conference calls and/or escalation bridges with internal customers and all levels of management including Senior Leadership
- Ensure effective and efficient management of day to day 24×7 data center Operations.
- Coordinate with clients to fulfill Remote-Hands/Smart-Hands requirements and to ensure proper notification and communication.
- Manage/Improve the workflows and throughput for data center Operations.
- Writing policies, process and procedures for all aspects of data center operations.
- Management of large scale events in the data center(s).
- Manage engineer tickets and project activities.
- Ensuring his/her data center is compliant with all relevant security policies and procedures.
- Play a key part in innovation and driving automation within data center operations.
- Become a subject master in data center operations.
- Partnering with your GO Operations Managers peers and global program teams to drive and implement consistency in your operational programs across all data centers
- Work closely with local facility engineering staff to ensure all infrastructure systems are operating within established tolerances, proactively maintained.
- Vendor management/monitoring vendor performance.
- Assisting with the review and approval of OPEX and CAPEX budgets, spend, forecasting, vendor resourcing models, and reconciliation of the same.
- Analyzing/Ensuring KPIs, SLAs, and OLAs and ensuring that service and operational levels are met.