Data Centre Operations Engineer
The overall scope of responsibilities for a Data Centre Operations Engineer is to operate and maintain all Systems, Networks, and Facilities Infrastructure within a Data Centre. The position role will also be tasked with ensuring that optimum network and facility performance standards are always met to effectively implement BDx Standard Operational Procedures(SOPs) and corporate policies.
BDx Data Centers offer our customers Colocation Services together with the hosting of internal high-tech transmission, networking, and server equipment. This highly technical equipment and its supporting systems are maintained by our skilled and experienced professionals. BDx Data Centers are Highly Secured areas which site access is managed and controlled in a highest security level.
- Degree/ Diploma holders in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in Data Centers or similar environment experience.
- CCNA certification highly desirable.
- Good principle and working knowledge of Telecommunication and Networking technologies.
- Knowledge of test equipment such as circuit tester, optical power meter etc.
- Good customer facing, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to work shifts and under minimum supervision.
- Able to work independently and under stress.
- Understanding of server hardware architecture, maintenance, and repair.
- Knowledgeable of Building Electrical & Mechanical Systems (HVAC, CCTV, security access, BMS, Fire Protection System).
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS & ISO 9001 / 27001.
This role will be responsible for a variety of datacenter functions, including:
- Perform Day and Night shift duty.
- Monitor BMS and Security System.
- Co-ordinate with other departments such as Service Desk, Service Delivery, etc.
- Facility Alarm Response and Escalation.
- Handle customer’s requests such as delivery acceptance, remote hand supports, etc.
- Handle customers’ order such as provisioning of cages, racks and cross connects.
- Manage Data Centre inventories – equipment, testers, consumables, etc.
- Support Facilities Planned Activities.
- Manage & Supervise subcontractors and third-party vendors.
- Compliance with standards of Data Centre – PCI-DSS & ISO27001.
- Support Security Team in physical security access control.
- Support Facility Team in facilities Preventive and Corrective maintenance.
- Maintain documentation, floor layouts, records, procedures.
- Project Management for special network & facilities implementation.
- Review and improve operational procedures and processes.